Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY Shaving Solution

I'm not done yet! My goal is to make pretty much every cosmetic product I use as cheaply and easily as I can. And of course, to share it with you :)


What you need:
5 Tbs of your every day lotion
5 Tbs baby oil 
1 Cup shampoo
1 Cup conditioner
* optional* 1 tsp Vitamin E oil (Most pharmacies carry this- find it near the oral vitamin supplements)



What to do:
Mix it up in a big bowl and let it sit for an hour. Pour it into a pump bottle for easy use.



Tips and hints: You can substitute the baby oil with sesame oil- or any body oil you already have. Use any scent of lotion, shampoo, and conditioner that  you prefer OR use fragrance free and add a few drops of essential oils.  Use a recycled lotion bottle for your pump bottle- I did!

Why did I use my secret ingredient Vitamin E but not my other: Glycerin? Check out the ingredients list on your ingredients- most lotions and other beauty product contain Glycerin or Glycol. If yours don't feel free to substitute 1 Tbs of lotion with 1 Tbs of Glycerin.

This recipe filled 1 16oz lotion bottle




If you try it too please comment and share your experience! Did you tweak the recipe? Did it work better than your usual product or not so much?


2 comments :

  1. I use this and I love it. It doesn't foam up like you would expect with shaving cream. It seriously cuts down the razor burn in those more sensitive areas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if we whipped it with a mixer if it would get fluffy? Maybe I'll get a Kitchen-Aid for Christmas so I can try it :)

    ReplyDelete