Monday, November 12, 2012

Making Lip Balm

Carly's Beauty Shop Part 2

Today, while Logan slumbered peacefully, I created my own lip balm. To my surprise it turned out!
My recipe is a collaboration of several other recipes I've seen in the past.


Softening Lip Balm

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup Coconut Oil(Kroger's- same aisle as vegetable oil)
  • 2 Tbs Bees wax(Kroger's- hair care products)
  • 3-5 drops Vitamin E(Kroger's- pharmacy vitamins)
  • Flavoring of your choice
Combine the coconut oil and bees wax in a bowl
Melt the coconut oil and beeswax in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Be careful getting it out of the microwave- it will be VERY hot! Stir it until the beeswax is completely melted.
Add a few drops of vitamin E and flavoring or scent that you prefer. I've heard of some recipes including candy melts, peppermint essential oils, or vanilla (I used vanilla extract, subtle but sweet)
Stir it until well blended, but don't let it sit too long! As it cools down it will solidify.
Spoon some of your lip balm into an appropriate container- mine are miniature travel containers for cosmetics. You can get empty lip balm containers at most craft stores. I stored my extra balm in a mason jar and plan to warm it up when my travel jars need refilled
Now let your balm cool down and solidify. You can speed up this process by placing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
VOILA!

No comments :

Post a Comment