Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY Translucent Finishing Powder

I use this now on a regular basis and have been making it for pennies with ingredients that were already in my home. It's so easy!


Equal parts baby powder and cornstarch and throw in a pinch of powdered foundation. BAM! You just saved  about $19.97.


For my batch here I used 2 Tbs each of baby powder and cornstarch and added a 1/2 tsp of powder foundation. Stir it until it has a consistent texture and color.

before the foundation was added
I've used it every day for 2 weeks and it looks like I've hardly put a dent in this first batch. To think most cosmetic companies sells this for $20 a jar!

Dust it on with a brush after you've finished your normal skin care and cosmetic routine (even if your normal routine is to do nothing at all). It will keep you from looking oily, decrease the appearance of fine lines and pores, increases the time of wear for your makeup, and give you and over all 'finished' look.

I saw this originally on One Good Thing by Jillee



No comments :

Post a Comment