Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Felt Tree for Tots

Logan's Felt Christmas Tree


This is also a Pinterest inspired project that I've made my own. For just a few bucks I've made Logan his own Christmas tree to decorate over and over again this Christmas season.


He's up from his nap and loves it!


What you'll need to create your own:

1 yard of green felt (Hobby Lobby $3.49)
8 pages of multicolored felt scrap (Hobby Lobby 4 for $1)
1 hot glue gun and glue sticks
1 piece of chalk
1 pair of scissors
black puffy paint





First things first, you'll need a 3-4 foot tall triangle to be your tree. I traced a triangle onto my yard of green felt with chalk and then cut it out with my scissors. I didn't worry too much about having the edges just right.


 After my triangle was cut out I went over the sides and notched them out to give them a cartoon-like tree texture.


 Next I applied double sided table around the edges of the tree so that I could hang it on the wall. (That wasn't quit enough to hold this heavy felt up so later I went back over it adding long strips across the middle)



After the tree was applied to the wall I started the creation of the presents for under the tree.



I hot glued the felt to decorate my gift boxes and used puffy paint to address the label on each box to a member of our family. I attached the presents using hot glue where they overlapped the felt tree and double sided tape where they touched the wall.



I used a mason jar lid as an outline for my felt bulbs, and then decorated them at will giving some stripes while leaving others plain. 



No need to adhere the ornaments to the tree, felt sticks to felt for the youngsters to easily decorate and redecorate the tree.






No comments :

Post a Comment