Sunday, November 11, 2012

Making Moon Sand



Today's nap time project: Moon Sand!

I can't wait for Logan to wake up- I have a feeling that this moon sand will instantly kill the post-nap crankiness.

What is moon sand you ask? Moon sand is 8 parts flour 1 part baby oil. So, if you want to make 1 cup of moon sand you use 1 cup of flour and 1/8 cup baby oil. for 8 cups of moon sand use 8 cups flour and 1 cup baby oil.

The results? A fluffy, moldable, and easy to clean up 'sand'!


 I used 1 large under bed storage container (obtained at WalMart) and made Logan a good 12 cups of this moon sand (12 cups flour mixed with 1 1/2 cups baby oil) which has created an indoor sand box that even a neat freak like me can endure.

I simply poured my 12 cups of flour into the container and topped with my 1 1/2 cups of baby oil and then worked it together with my hands (kind of like making meat loaf) until the baby oil was evenly and completely incorporated into the flour.

I will be laying down some big sheets of wax paper under the box when nap time is over to keep the hard core moon sand mess contained.


Logan tested and Carly apporved!

No comments :

Post a Comment