Sunday, December 30, 2012

Adult Hot Chocolate


Now that Christmas is behind us I can finally share all my DIY Christmas present projects from this year! Go ahead, pin this for next year :)

For our co-workers Joe and I put together these Adult Hot Chocolate kits. The Christmas season is very busy and stressful for us at work, so we came bearing the gift of holiday stress relief. In each mason jar is a serving of Swiss Miss powdered hot chocolate mix, a handful of marshmallows, and small bottle of a complimenting liquor.


I got the miniature bottles of liquor at the local liquor store, Noonan's. We bought an assortment of mint chocolate, mocha, and caramel liquors. The quilted mason jars were at Kroger's and, conveniently, they came with those cute labels that I filled in with 'Merry Christmas!' I attached the little bottles of liquor with a simple piece of red yarn. The final touch, my homemade label:

Cute, right?


Stay tuned to hear about our salt dough ornaments, and hand decorated Christmas coffee mugs!

I also made custom decorated candles using the same method I used to make the memorial candles I already posted about. You can read about them here. I ended up making 9 more sets of memorial candles for other family, and 6 more candles as Christmas presents. 



1 comment :

  1. I love the tag!!! Its brilliant! I plan to use it but I saw somewhere to use a clear plastic ornament.

    ReplyDelete