Friday, January 18, 2013

Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin


Friday! I had missed Friday. Here's your promised food post. Learn more about Food Friday here.

I have some very exciting news to announce! Yesterday was the big day. Finally! I have a new stove. This coming week I look forward to trying the Sloppy Joe Casserole everyone ranted and raved about last Friday.

This week's recipe {Honey Apple Pork Loin} is one of my favorites for the crockpot. It was especially a favorite during our (too long) stove-less period.

Enjoy!


Ingredients:

Pork Loin, 2.5-3 lbs.

Red Delicious Apples, 3 sliced

Honey, approx 4 T

Cinnamon, 2 T



Preparation:

Lay the apple slices (from two of the apples) in the bottom of the crockpot.

Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Cut slits in the pork loin (approx 1/2″-3/4″).

Drizzle some honey into the slits.

Then place apple slices into the slits.

Place the pork loin into the crockpot.

Drizzle the top with the remainder of the honey.

Place the rest of the apples on top.

Then sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon.

Cook on low for 7 hours.


Let me know how you like and if you make any variations that I should try!

Thanks for reading :)

No comments :

Post a Comment