Monday, December 17, 2012

Outdated law promotes domestic violence

Please go to http://www.brown.senate.gov/contact

And choose message topic "request for help"

In the comments box, share your opinion and then paste this.



"I am a 25 year old single mother.

I am a victim of Domestic Violence. My son was in my arms when the domestic violence occurred. Charges were pressed with suspended sentences. See case 09CRB04840-A in City of Hamilton Municipal.

Since then, a restraining order has been put in place. See case DV09091299 in Butler county.

It was violated several times. Charges were pressed with suspended sentences. See Hamilton Police department case report 08732, Ross Township incident report 10-0145, Ross Township incident report 11 057 03, Ross Township incident report 11 060 04, Case 11CRB04178-A in City of Hamilton Municipal. Also, not reported to police, phone calls were received 4/27/2010 10:12am, 12/11/2010 5:32pm, 12/25/2010 11:57am, and 3/17/2011 1:40pm. Facebook messages 1/5/10, 4/29/11, as well as numerous vulgar status updates about his "babby's mom".

In Butler County probate court, case # PI 10-01-0001, You will find a hearing in which the Defendant illegally removed $4850 from my CSEA account. You will also find a judgement for $1000 in legal fees. The $4850 was returned. The $1000, however, was never paid.

The last child support payment I received was March 8, 2010. Which as you read above, was quite a fight to receive.

In addition, there is City Of Hamilton Municipal court cases 12CRB 00158-A (Disorderly conduct, Lowered from Domestic Violence) and 12CRB04178-A (receiving stolen property). Hamilton county case C/11/CRB/28135 (criminal trespassing and theft)

I am trying to have parental rights terminated. I would prefer to have rights terminated voluntarily, as he has agreed to once before. However, I have been informed by my lawyer that I must be married and there must be an adoptive party. If only you can imagine my disappointment. I have raised my son for 4 years with no help from his biological father. I have received child support in the form of one payment, and there are currently over $2500 in arrearages. It is considered old fashioned to frown upon unwed parents. I understand that many people will say "you chose to have a child with him". I did not choose for him to BECOME a drug addict and threaten my, and my son's, safety. He was a different person when I chose to be with him.

Domestic violence is a hard circumstance to escape. Victims usually attempt to leave 4 times before they are even successful. And in my circumstance, the court is FORCING me and my son to spend the next 14 years connected to our abuser. They are telling me that because I am not married, I do not have the same rights to escape my abuser. How can this be?

I understand the courts want to protect his rights as well, but what about my son's rights. He has not seen my son in over 3 years. Here are links to the U.S. Department of Health and Human services and UNICEF in regards to children and domestic violence.
http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/domesticviolence.cfm
http://www.unicef.org/protection/files/BehindClosedDoors.pdf

If it is about the best interest of the child... Why isn't any of this a factor... Why is my marital status the determining factor?

Jamie Stevison
jamie.tene@gmail.com"

No comments :

Post a Comment