Friday, December 21, 2012

What is Food Friday?


Oh, boy! These mamas love food! We're about to start a tradition that I know you're going to love. Every Friday we're going to share one of our recipes, we've decided to dub this tradition 'Food Friday'.

What kind of recipes can you expect from Carly?

I like fast and easy meals that dirty the fewest dishes. You can expect me to mostly share recipes that provide square meals in a few simple steps with easy clean up. All of which my Joe honors with his seal of approval. I use my crock pot more often than my oven and have plenty of tricks up my sleeve for putting together entire meals in a flash on a budget. Stay tuned to learn how to make 10 servings of Baked Potato Soup for less than $5. Joe has been demanding a batch weekly this winter.

What you won't get from me are any recipes for baked deserts. Baking is too much of an exact science for me to enjoy it... or be good at it, HA! I'm more of a make it up as you go, add a pinch here and dash there kind of Chef. I use the term Chef lightly :) Baked goods is a talent that Jamie does have, maybe if we're lucky she'll share some of her cake recipes with us!



What kind of recipes can you expect from Jamie?

I'm more of a large meal-style cook. I like to use real butter, homemade vanilla extract, and real potatoes. I like to make large quantities and freeze for later. I dirty a lot of dishes and make hearty meals. I may not be a pro at cheap & fast meals, but you wont be disappointed. I truly enjoy cooking and prefer to make masterpieces when I can.



Cake I made for an exterminator
Pudding filling
I love to bake. Cakes are my specialty. I can't share my exact cake and icing recipe(family secret), but I can share tips, tricks, and decorating ideas. I've made cakes for weddings, baby showers, birthdays, and anniversaries. I've made everything from a cockroach cake to a hamburger cake. My cakes don't just look good. They are delicious. The cake itself is fluffy and soft. The icing is creamy and sweet, but not overpowering. It has it's own flavor.
Cake for my boyfriend's 25th surprise party. He LOVES man vs food

No comments :

Post a Comment