Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Surprise benefits of coconut oil cleanser

I've been using my homemade coconut oil cleanser once to twice a day for about 6 weeks now (click here for the recipe) . I quickly got past the initial flushing of the pores (which led to a few pimples), and have been enjoying smoother-clearer skin. In the past few weeks I've noticed a change that I wasn't quit expecting.... Longer fuller eye lashes. This is not at all a bad surprise!



The cleanser is only three ingredients. Coconut oil, castor oil, and vitamin E oil. Interestingly enough, a few weeks ago I saw this pin on Pinterest:

Wash an old mascara or nail polish container and fill with: 1/4 of the container with castor oil, 1/2 vitamin E oil, 1/4 aloe vera gel. Mix together as well as you can with your mascara wand, and apply a light layer to lashes every night before bed. Castor oil thickens your lashes while aloe vera gel lengthens. Vitamin E accelerates length. After one month, youll notice stronger, longer, more beautiful eyelashes."Wash an old mascara or nail polish container and fill with: 1/4 of the container with castor oil, 1/2 vitamin E oil, 1/4 aloe vera gel. Mix together as well as you can with your mascara wand, and apply a light layer to lashes every night before bed. Castor oil thickens your lashes while Aloe Vera gel lengthens. Vitamin E accelerates length. After one month, you'll notice stronger, longer, more beautiful eyelashes."


(When I try to follow the pin to the source Pinterest offers an error message that say the link is blocked because it's unsafe. I want to give dues where they're owed, but follow at your own  risk: http://followpics.com/wash-an-old-mascara-or-nail-polish-container-and-fill-with-14-of-the-container-with-castor-oil-12-vitamin-e-oil-14-aloe-vera-gel-mix-together-as-well-as-you-can-with-your-mascara-wand-and-appl/)

The coconut oil cleanser is great for removing make up so I have removed my mascara with it. It has not bothered my eyes, but then again I haven't knowingly gotten any in my eyes. You may want to avoid the eye area, especially so if you have sensitive eyes. These homemade remedies contain some mutual ingredients and the coconut oil cleanser is having an amazing effect on my eyelashes so I'm sure the recipe from this pin would work. I haven't tried it and, considering my cleanser is doing the job, I probably won't.

Just another tip: In my original post about coconut oil as a cleanser I recommended steaming your face with hot water while the cleansers sets on your skin. I have developed a few faster alternatives to heating up a pot of water on the stove. I have run hot water in the bathroom sink with a towel draped over my head to catch the steam, yes I do look ridiculous but it works! (brush your teeth while you do this for SUPER morning efficiency... remember to breath!) I have also drenched a wash cloth in hot water and laid it over my face for a few moments in a pinch.

Concerned about putting oil on your face? Do some research:
Healthydiaries.com
How to Use Coconut Oil on the Face
Carly's Coconut Oil Face Cleanser

Questions, concerns, ideas, tips? Don't be a lurker! Leave a comment :) ! Or contact us by email: info@dialogueof2moms.com


2 comments :

  1. Whatever product it may be, when there's this oil, it will surely get the coconut oil benefits as well. I always believe in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carly! I wanted to share with you how coconut oil healed my foot! For about 20+ years I had a deep split on my right heel. I went to numerous dr.s and tried all of their creams,pills and ointments but it only took two weeks for the coconut oil to heal my foot! It's still healed! Thanks for the great info!!

    ReplyDelete